Sunday, December 02, 2007

Finally did our Christmas card Layout

Here it is: I had to do something simple that I could replicate many times. I used Flaky Friends-SU. Some christmas paper I had from last year. Prisma color pencils and Gamsol. I used liquid applique on this one, but have decided to use stickles instead on all the cards I send out. I also used my cuttlebug to emboss the background. What do you think? I hope everyone in my family likes the card. If you click on the picture you should be able to enlarge it to see the details.

----------*----------*----------*----------*----------*----------*----------*----------*---------

I also finally mounted my so many sayings stamp set. I got the idea from Melanie

The blocks were 3.88 at Walmart. I cut apart the sayings and mounted them on the blocks

These are the blocks once they are all mounted and done. They won't all fit in the plastic case so I have to get another one to put the rest of them in.

Here's how they look completed. I put the sticker on the skinny top side and the rubber stamp on the skinny bottom side of the block. I already used some today and love it! Thanks Melanie for the idea!!!

15 comments:

Michelle said...

Very cute card!

The Lucky Clucker said...

I really like your card! and what a brilliant idea on mounting those stamps....I mean really!! From your SBS(2)sister Bonnie

Flossie's Follies said...

Your card is lovely, what a great idea for your stamps buying those wood blocks. I converted all mine into cling stamps

Shannon McGann said...

What a great idea for mounting that stamp set! I have seen it mounted on jumbo dominoes as well, but I think I like this way better.

I love your Flaky Friends card! I'm so sad they're retiring this set - it's so cute! The embossed background looks great!

Miss C. said...

Aloha from a fellow sister! This card is beautiful. I love the embossing with the cuddlebug and your stamp is very cute! I see you are from NC. I spent my first 17 years there and will always call it home.

Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun,Fun, Fun said...

What a great Christmas card. Flaky Friends is one of my all time faves. I really like what you've done with it. I have enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to visiting again. I am one of your new blogging sisters on SBS2. Have a great day and I'll catch you later.
Becky

ScrapMomOf2 said...

GREAT card! Love it! Clever idea with mounting those stamps!!

Crissy said...

Very good job on the christmas card! I am impressed you got all those mounted! I bought dominos to mount mine, but haven't taken the time yet. Congrats on finishing that chore!!!

Savitri said...

This is so clever!

~Michelle~ said...

doesn't it feel grand to get new rubber all cut and mounted?! Great idea...looks nice too!

Lori said...

Your holiday card is great--so cute and festive. I did the same thing with my So Many Sayings set. For me, it's much easier to use that way.

paulssandy said...

Hello from a SCS2 sister :) I am glad to meet you! My son is a US Marine, something I think he was born to be. We went to the ball last year because it was a special one to celebrate his unit just returning from Iraq. I am sure it is alot more fun for the marines and their spouces than for the moms and dads, LOL. It was nice to meet some of his marine buddies thought. I look forward to seeming more of you creations.

AnnMarie said...

Hiya Samantha! LOVE your Christmas card layout! Really nice job! This is the first set I ever bought! Makes me sad to see it go! Those snowmen are the cutest! I am going to have to drag this set out and play with it now! : )

Lori said...

I just got this set...thanks for the great idea for mounting. I stopped at Walmart yesterday and was happy to find the blocks.

Lori (SBS2)

Kristy Vernon said...

What a brilliant idea!