Saturday, December 15, 2007

I feel overwhelmed with people's kindness today....

First off Dh is doing Toys for Tots as he is in the Marine Corps Reserves. I went to go visit him today. Me and my neighbor went. We stopped at Target bought some gifts and got some hot chocolate for the guys in his unit from Starbucks. (it was a cold morning here, after our 80 degree weather all week!) I bought a few different gifts for different age groups. I spent some time with my dh and his unit and the two local radio hosts that were there Paul Schadt and Sara. They were both very nice. They had a great outcome. My dh said some people came with car loads of toys. I think that is just wonderful. I love that the holidays bring out such giving in people :-)

We went to lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and the manager there paid for all our our food and the food of the other guys in his unit who were working the toys for tots location. How nice is that??? People were coming up to my dh thanking him and everyone for there service. I think that is wonderful.

I came home after visiting with him and had gotten some mail. I got a package, and I opened it up and it was a SCOR-PAL!!! What a WONDERFUL surprise!!! I have wanted one of these so badly. THANK YOU to the person who sent this to me! I don't know who you are, but you do. You made my day!!!



of course I tore it open and tried to make something right away :-) I made this criss cross photo wallet you can find the tutorial by Anna here.


I still have to add something to it, but I just wanted to post this. When I finish "accesorizing" it I will post a picture. I also made a criss-cross card, which I have to finish and will post later. I feel like I can finally make some great projects to share with you all. I just LOVE the scor-pal. I can definitely find myself spending A LOT of time using this :-)

My neighbor I was spending time with this weekend just stopped by and gave us some home made banana bread. It is so yummy!!!

I just feel so blessed today!

5 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

What a beautiful kickoff for the weekend! It sounds like you and your husband are a perfect match - both good hearted people, that do make lives brighter!

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas season Samantha! BTW, my dd is Samantha... we called her 'Sam Sam' (like Bam Bam) when she was a baby/toddler! She will be 10 in 2 weeks!!!!!

KAT Paper Crafts said...

around here our radio station does "stuff a bus" where they fill school buses with presents. They filled 12 buses this year! Awesome! and the agency i work for does an "angel tree" where the kids in the early intervention dept. pick out stuff they want and "santa" (employees of our co.) buy them stuff. Well this year the dept. that i work from was able to donate $1300, and me and another girl i work with shopeed for tons of presents. we has a blast!

also, you wont my blog candy! i need your info!! :) katrovato@gmail.com

AnnMarie said...

Hiya Samantha! What an amazing day you have had! I am so excited for you and your new score-pal! What a fun surprise gift! People can be so wonderful! I really like your photo wallet too! Looking forward to seeing your projects to come! : )

Melissa M. M. M. said...

WooHoo! Congrats on enjoying the Christmas spirit so much and on being inadvertently rewarded with a scorepal. :0) Happy Holidays, Mel

Lynn said...

This is really cool, I'm going to have to try one of these, TFS!