Monday, March 10, 2008

In need of organizational help........

I am in serious need of organizational help! I would love to hear some opinions on some products that are out on the market now. First off I am a complete ribbon collector. I just love buying ribbon. lol! I have heard of the ribbon ring and was wanting some opinions on those who may own it. If you could give me your honest reviews that would be wonderful!

I have some of my ribbon stored on my MM shelf which I love and plan to keep there.

I also have these target ribbon boxes filled with ribbon. Which can be a pain to have to get to a box (usually the one needed is at the bottom) and open it to find the ribbon to use.

Then I have one of these drawers full of ribbon as well. This is my most unorganized ribbon spot and is filled and messy and tucked in my scrap desk so I always forget it is there and what ribbon I actually have in it.

I am wondering if the ribbon ring will work well for me and maybe keeping all my ribbon organized and out in the open will help me see what I actually have and use it more :-)

Second thing is pens. I have tons of different kinds of pens and was wondering if anyone has a good way of storing these as well. As cute as I think this little basket is, it's filled up and all my pens aren't even in there. Plus it's hard to see what I actually have to use. Just another thought of if I can actually see what I have I will use it more. I would love to see what you have for your pen storage solution!

I would also love to hear from those who own a clip it up or those who have made their own. I just love the idea of clipping things up so you can see them. Right now until I decide what to do I clipped up some of my stuff here (and this is not all of it) I love the idea that with the clip it up it's all in sight so you can see what you have to use. Can you tell I just love embellishments as well! lol!



This is what I call the storm before the calm. lol! This is what my craft desk looked like before I got everything organized and put into place. Hopefully you will never see pictures like this again :-)



Okay now off to finish organizing and cleaning my desk. lol! Hopefully I can sort through all this stuff. Thanks for any organizational suggestions you all may have. And if you want to put links to your stamp rooms for suggestions that would be wonderful as well. Thanks!!! Hope your having a wonderful week! :-)

(I had my eyes dialated last night and ended up getting a major migrane at the eye doctors office) I came home and ate dinner went to lay down at 6:30 as I wasn't feeling well...I just woke up at 6 this am. Never expected to sleep that long. So needless to say last night I didn't get anything done! But I did get to order some new glasses. They should be in less than two weeks, can't wait to get them!)

15 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

I wrap my ribbon on a clothes pin and place in large jars (they come from Target usually with cajun snack mix inside) once empty I clean them out and use them. I also have a plastic storage system from Office Depot that I place on pens in horizontially, you can keep adding on to the system and it seems to work well for me,but I don't have that many pens. Hope this helps.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

You look pretty organized to me! My ribbon spools hang on a wall organized that I had custom made.. then non spools are in a drawer similar to yours! I save scraps in a ribbon scraps drawer.
Pens: I keep mine together by mfg. So, all SU pens are in one spot, CM journaling pens another... and on my desk are just my favorites... a black, white and basic note taking pen. And a pencil!
Embellies.. I tend to hide them in drawers...I don't like all my stuff out.. even though right now it looks the opposite!
PS I love the pink!

Godchick said...

HOpe your heads feeling better! Migraines suck. Honestly, the ribbon ring looks like a lot of money for something you could make yourself if you wanted to store some ribbon that way. It looks like they just used book rings and then made up some tags to use with them. I'm in the process of rearranging my ribbon so that they are on wooden clothespins. It will be a mix of using the clothespins and storing them by the roll on hanging shelves. I have a pic I can post on my blog if you like. You've actually given me courage to post pics of my craft room on my blog. I took pics, but was scared to share them!

And where did you find those AWESOME pink boxes? I love pink and haven't seen anything like those.

Mel M. M. M. said...

WOW you look super organized to me. Impressive. (I'm no help, hey?) ;0) I do understand the migraine thing though and feel for you. Hope you are feeling much much better, :0) Mel

~Michelle~ said...

I have some pen holders from Target...they have six compartments and one compartment holds a whole set of 9 gel pens, 9 souffle pens, 12 spicas, 4 copic sketch markers. I bought 3 of them and laid them on their side. Obviously not the holder for copics...but collection of those is small since I have the old Studio2 alcohol markers which I can get 9 of them in there too. I store my SU! markers in my twirly storage thingy with my pads and re-inkers. I took a photo but can't upload it here....so if you want to see it, email me.

savitri said...

Wow, you have a lot of organizing stuff and wow, you've got a lot of stuff!!! I am jealous. Can't give you storage advice but just want to comment on all the items you have. Love them!

Lauri said...

Hi! I have the ribbon ring (I just bought the tags because I have a couple of really large rings to use with them). I do not have anywhere near the amount of ribbon you have! I filled 30 tags and just ordered another 60. For me, the ribbon ring works great! I like to have a large variety of ribbon, and I tend to buy small lots of length. So...I have tried all the other methods and for me the ring works the best! Good luck!

Marie said...

I have the same MM organizer and I plan on adding 2 more dowels for ribbon on the 2 undivided shelves.
Have you considered doing that?

Nancy Grant said...

Lookin' good to me! I don't own the clippy things. I hope by now your migraine is gone.

:-)

Courtney Fowler said...

Wow! You're even more organized than me! Sorry, can't offer any advice!

Bee said...

I'm still working on my organization too. My desk needs more coats of varnish but there will be picks afterwards, I promise! ;-) For my ribbons I started doing like Nichole heady (from PaperTrey Ink) and using wooden doll pins (before that I used the system that Christine sells (cropperhopper or something like that?). This new system of the doll pins takes a lot of room I think, but it is really pretty all organized by color! (so far I only have 2 containers...I need to eat more popcorn from target....)
OK this is confusing, I will link or e-mail as soon as I'm done with the desk and putting the stuff on it! :-)

Bee said...

For inspiration:
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2008/01/ribbon-jar.html
And:
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2007/07/the-new-studio.html

Betsy said...

Holy cow girl, you have got some STUFF! It looks to me like you are off to a great start organizing. I think you are in the right place thinking of keeping things neat and where you can see them. I wonder if those target ribbon boxes need some holes punched in them to run the ribbon through so you don't have to unstack and stack, just pull the ribbon...kwim? Keep at it...

LaY hOoN said...

Wow !
You're rock to have so many SB stuff.
Love the pink boxes.

Cathrine StClair said...

Wow! great stash of supplies! I think you're doing pretty well getting organized. My big challenge is keeping it up. My desk stays clean for all of 15 minutes!