Monday, March 31, 2008

Wedding Card....and some other stuff :-)

I was lucky enough to get some more birthday money in the mail from my babci (grandma). So I got to do more shopping! (I feel so *spoiled* right now, but that's okay, right?) Here are some goodies I scooped up. I spent all Saturday shopping. I went to Hobby Lobby, Michaels, AC Moore's, and Ben Franklin Crafts. I was in craft shopping heaven!

I got these super cute wedding cuttlebug embossing dies. I went to HL to find the cuttlebug swiss dots folder and the crop-a-dile big bite. I found neither, but I did find these cute embossing dies. I got this punch at Ben Franklin Crafts. It is the same scalloped punch that SU sells, excepts it is a tad bit bigger. 2" vs 1.5". It nests perfectly with the SU one.

I got the doodlebug sugar coating set I have been eyeing for awhile. I was very excited when I found it. I also got these buttons. Can't beat 3.99 for this big bag of buttons and I just LOVE the yummy spring colors!

I also got this MME paper stack which I have been wanting for a while. I usually buy them when they are 50% off as you get them for 9.99 so I bought two of them. The papers are just scrumptious. I love MME paper, they are usually the only brand patterned paper I use.


I made this wedding card for a family member who will be getting married soon. I used my cuttlebug wedding embossing dies and my new MME papers I bought. (you can click on the picture if needed to see a larger image and close up of the embossing)

I also have been organizing more as well. I organized some of my buttons this weekend. I still have some more, but they are those bags of buttons you get so I haven't organized those yet.

And I leave you with this cute picture I took the other night. I just love when my babies lay together like this. I have a few other pictures of him with his arm around her as well. It's so funny, they both were strays I adopted from my A.H. and they said that the male would never get along with another cat. Well since the day we brought the kitten home he fell in love with her. I lucked out wonderfully that he gets along so well with her! Aren't they just adorable (yes I am in love with my fur-babies!)

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL week!!! :-)

25 comments:

Jackie said...

You sure did some good shopping - lots of goodies! Your fur babies are adorable - I wish mine got along like that. I have a question - the scallop punch that you found at Ben Franklin - is it EK Success? I have the SU one and would love one what goes with it, and there is a Ben Franklins in Kannapolis!

Quilt Nut said...

great finds! love your snuggling furbabies

Courtney Fowler said...

Wowzee! Look at all of that wonderful stuff! You were birthday'd indeed!

Your babies are adorable. I LOVE cats but my kiddos are allergic :(

Hey, I'm offering blog candy to collect cards for our troops. Thought you might be interested!

Thanks!

Flossie's Follies said...

Happy Birthday, love your wedding card, love embossing. What a wonderful bunch of goodies, the cats are adorable, I have one male that loves to cuddle and the other has no interest.

Mymsie said...

I've been looking for a scallop-edge punch that size - good find!

Your kitties are so sweet and snuggly :-)

Corie said...

Your card is just beautiful!!!

~Michelle~ said...

what wonderful goodies! Now I'm going to be thinking about that punch, those buttons and that glitter! Argh!! ;)

Pretty wedding card!!! Love the way you used the embossing folders...very elegant!

Lissame said...

Everyone might like the stuff and card that you show me...I noticed the cats. I too have 2 kitties but both are male. Your grey one looks just like mine. Though not a kitten anymore my Stormie is just as sprie as ever...does yours also have the "blue" skin to match. Just so you know when they get older the grey goes white...mine is starting with a whisker and a few hairs but still is my shadow. Thanks for sharing.

kathleenh said...

It looks like some fun goodies you got there! The doodlebug sugar coating really intrigues me. Enjoy all of your new goodies!

chelemom said...

Ooooh love all your goodies! Love your wedding card!

Maria said...

Wow, looks like you bought yourself some really nice stuff! I'm happy for you.

I love your wedding card too! It's fabulous! Very pretty!

Maria

Miss Crystal said...

Wow, what a shopping trip. So many yummy goodies! I'm glad you had fun. I just love these embossing dies. You card looks great.

The Stampin' Soldier said...

I want one of each of what you have! You're one lucky girl! Happy Belated Birthday from Lilly and me as well.

Michelle said...

What a fun shopping spree yopu had! And I LOVE the pic of your two kitties!

Heather said...

Wow- what a shopping trip! Lots of new fun supplies.

I like how you sorted your buttons. I like those bags to sort my stuff by color too.

Crissy said...

Isn't birthday money great! You got so many goodies!

Your kitties are adorable!

Bee said...

Your cats are just too cute together! ♥
Your card is beautiful, and I'm glad you had fun craft shopping, isn't it the best!? *grins* :-D

Tiffany said...

Wow those goodies look like so much fun...

http://www.craftygoddess.com/

Betsy said...

Such fun shopping, great finds too. I love your kitties, your orange and white looks like our Jimmy. I keep telling DH that Jimmy needs a friend...maybe this picture will soften him towards the idea.

Ila said...

Your card is Gorgeous!! and it sure looks like you had a ball shopping...enjoy your goodies!!

Lori said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Cute furbabies!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Congrats on your goodies and YES by all means You deserve to be spoiled! :0) Happy belated birthday! And I love you wedding card. Great layout with the 3 embossed scallop squares. Also TOO cute pic of your babies. They are precious! :0) Mel

Liddy said...

Love the pic of the fur babies, I had a similar situation with adopting a stray and I had a tiny kitten, he adopted, loved and protected her for the 4yrs we had her, it was gorgeous to see.

Mandy said...

Great card, Samantha! I love it! :) Hope you are doing well.

flowerdisco said...

Your kitties are adorable.
My husband loves cats too but our son is allergic to them.
Not too long ago my he brought home from work this 4 weeks old feral kitten, who had some bad eye infection. His name was Oreo. We took him to the vet, got some meds for him and we were thinking to keep him but we couldn't because our son started to get hives and his chest was getting bad. A fellow from my DH's work has him now.