Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cuttlebug Die Storage Idea

So you know I have been on an organizing kick. lol! I decided I needed to organize all of my Cuttlebug dies in one place. I searched around and found this idea for storage and I love it.


I am storing my small embossing dies and small dies in these Avery slide pages. I got them from Staples. I found that putting my small embossing folders in these worked better than storing them in the larger trading card pages, as they easily kept sliding out of those and I was afraid of losing them, in these they stay in the sleeves well.


I am storing my Alphabets and long dies in these Avery 4x6 photo pages that I found at Office Max. I believe Staples had them as well. I can fit one or two in each sleeve. I chose to store two in each slot sleeve so I had more space in my binder to store other items.

I am using these 5x7 photo page holders to hold my Large A2 Embossing folders. I found they fit perfectly in the sleeves. I tried putting them in the 4x6 ones, but they easily slid right out and I was afraid of losing them. I got these photo pages from Walmart.

Here are some views of the pages not in the binder. I purchased a 3" ring binder from Walmart to store these in, but am going to search for a binder you can zip up to put them all in soon. That way I can zip it up and throw it in my bag for a crop and not have to worry about anything sliding out of the pages and losing anything. If anyone knows where to get a 3" zippered binder pls let me know I would love to know where to find one.

Now the smaller dies do sitck up a bit out of the pocket, but they fit perfectly and won't slide out. Because they stick out some I am not putting any dies in the top row, but each sheet will still hold 16 embossing dies.


The smaller dies fit absolutely perfectly in the pockets. I just love how they fit so well and you don't have to worry about them sliding out.

The A2 embossing folders fit very well in the larger pockets. They will slide out if held upside down, but have less of a chance falling out then in the smaller photo pocked pages.

These were the smaller photo pocket pages. They are in their pretty secure, but they will slide out if held upside down.

I hope that this has been helpful for anyone who has been looking for a way to store thier Cuttlebug dies all together. I plan on decorating my binder as well so I know what is stored in it and will share pictures of it later.

13 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

How great is this, I have my in small die cuts in the sizzlets die holders and my big embossing holders in a drawer but this is such a better way to keep them all together.

Jackie said...

Great ideas! I bought some baseball card pages for the dies and small folders and the Staples I went to was all out of the 5 x 7 pages, but I didn't even think of the slide holder ones. I bought some online from CropStop but the dies keep sliding out of the top row so I have to store the book standing up. A zipper binder would be great - let us know if you find one and I will do the same. Thanks!

Bee said...

Very cool storage indead!
So far my dies are stored in a drawer as little bundles with elastic bands around them, LOL!...
I hope to post pics next week of my little craft space, and the view... ;-)

Mel M. M. M. said...

How brilliant. Love it. :0) mel

Diane said...

What a neat and organized system!
TFS!!!

Savitri - Scrapbit.Com said...

Great idea! Now if I can just go out and buy more :D I only have the CB embossing templates right now.

Cathrine StClair said...

Great storage idea. I don't have as many, but mine are all in a bin together. Sigh.... maybe some day I'll be organized!

Lori said...

What a great storage idea! Thanks for sharing it.

Crissy said...

THANK YOU!!! This is awesome. I saw that Provo Craft has come out with a storage system, but I thought it was a little pricy (I'd rather spend my money on more dies and embossing folders!) this sounds like it works very well. Thank you for sharing!

AnnMarie said...

What an awesome idea!! I love the thought of being all organized! I am organized whenever anyone else is concerned , but personally I am a mess! LOL Hope you are doing well!

~Michelle~ said...

you are on a roll...thanks for sharing all of your ideas with us!

The Lucky Clucker said...

What a wonderful way to organize these! Can you PLEASE come to my house and play?? (and maybe organize a wee bit!) I wish I had as much organization in my whole body as you have in your little finger!!! LOL!

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

Thank you for this....I went out & bought some of these pages & all my small embossing folders are all put away....couldnt' find the 5x7 pages yet but that is next. So great to have em all organized (I actually found I had just bought a duplicate set because it wasn't organized) and now to get the rest of the room set up correctly. LOL!