Thursday, May 29, 2008

Cricut Storage ideas!

I decided to try to organize my cricut cartridges. I hate having to find the box, pull them out, etc. This way I can pull out the basket, put it on my table and have everything at my fingertips without pulling out all the boxes. I can then take just the pouches and put them in my crop bag when I go to my church crops. What do you think?

I got the pouches at Walmart and the basket at Michael's. I originally saw this idea done a year or so ago by someone on scrapjazz.com and I loved the idea! Recently on cricut.com a member found these wonderful pouches and I loved them!!!

This is a close up of the pouch. Of course I cut off all the tags so you can't see them anymore. You can also fit the cartridge handbook in the pouch as well, but I don't use those as you will see why toward the end of this post.

I was able to fit about 9 of the pouches in each basket. I ended up purchasing two of the baskets.

When you take them to crops I thought of the idea of putting a binder ring to hold them all together so you don't accidentally lose one. You could probably put a binder ring in all three holes and flip it like a book as well which I may end up doing.

This is my book which I keep copies of all the multi-page handbook copies which you can print off of www.cricut.com I love how you can fit them all in a binder and don't have to constantly bring out the cartridge booklets that come with the cartridge. Those things are a pain to look through as they are so small. With this I can look at many images at one time. There are a few cartridges this is not available for yet, but hopefully they will create them soon.

This is what the first page looks like for each cartridge it goes over how to use it.

The rest of the pages are the designs. Instead of like the little cartridge handbook where you can view one design per page you can view eight designs per page. So much easier when you are working with a cartridge.

This is where I store my cartridges, little bug and accessories

I know many of you who have viewed my room before may be wondering where are all the stamp sets that were in your cabinet.....that is coming up in my next post, and yes some of you may cry. lol! But right now I am very happy with my decision.

Please come visit me this weekend. I have some new cards I made to share with you all and my new "toy". Have a wonderful weekend!!!

11 comments:

Flossie's Follies said...

What a fantastic idea, thanks for sharing, always looking for ways to organize.

mommy magallanes said...

These are fantastic organizational ideas. I was hoping to get a cricut this year, so hopefully I will need this idea. It looks great.

~Michelle~ said...

wow....I love looking at organization....maybe someday I'll take pictures! LOL!

Maria said...

Wow Samantha! You are a seriously organized person! What a great organizational idea! Your cabinet looks so nice and neat!!

Maria

savitri said...

That's such a neat idea! I don't have a Cricut but if I do have something like this, I'll remember your tips!

Shannon McGann said...

What a fantastic idea! Thank you so much for sharing. You are so organized!

Mel M. M. M. said...

Amazing storage ideas. Drooooool! :0)

chelemom said...

What a great idea!!!

~Chris~ said...

Thanks for the wonderful Idea.. Love the Basket and Pouches...

Melanie said...

Wow this is a fabulous idea! It would be great if you could think of a way to label the top of them so they would not need to be pulled out of the basket to see what they are. I LOVE it though!! You have a wonderful organized crafting room.

Kris Spangler said...

I would print the front of the box out (I believe you can also get that from the website) and either slip it inside the pouch so you can see what cartridge it is or clear contact paper it the the outside of the pouch. I love your idea of the pouches though, think I may be doing this soon. :)