Sunday, August 24, 2008

Please welcome our new furbaby!!!

We just adopted her from the pet society. Her name is Sally. They named her that, but we decided to keep the name. So far she is doing very well. We enrolled her in obedience training classes to start in a few weeks, but she already knows some basic commands.

She is super sweet. Loves belly rubs, kisses, being brushed, and long walks in the neighborhood. lol! We are just smitten with her. One of our cats is fine with her, the other won't stop hiding. I have hardly seen her the past two days and feel so sad that she's so scared of Sally. I am hoping it will get better with time.

She is a chocolate lab/shepherd mix. We are guessing between 3-4 yrs in age. She has the goldest eyes and beautiful coloring a long her back. She loves to play with toys, loves the outdoors and chewing on her bone. I am so glad we found her! :-)


10 comments:

Lori said...

Sally is beautiful! She's so lucky to have found a wonderful new home.

Annette said...

Awwwwhhh...concrats. There's nothing like a new addition to the family to brighten everyone's day!

Annette

Sandy O said...

She is wonderful. How blessed she is to find such a caring family. I don't know anything about cats, but I can't imagine the scared one not getting used to Sally being around. Have fun with your new pup, she is just great.

~Michelle~ said...

congrats on your new addition! ;)
She's a lucky dog!! LOL!

Saige/Grace said...

I saw the pic pop up before I read the text in the post & saw the lab in her, but couldn't figure out what else until I read the entire post. You know I'm a little biased towards labs....and she is soooooooooooo cute!!

I also want to thank you for making comments on my blog. It is so appreciated for all the work I put in to it. So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

--Gracie at everythingcricut.blogspot.com

chelemom said...

Awwww what a cutie! Congrats!

Shannon McGann said...

Aww! What a sweetie!

Catherine said...

Sally! What a cutie! Congrats on the addition to your family. And "good for you" for adopting! That's awesome!

Enfys said...

Welcome Sally - what soulful eyes she has.

flowerdisco said...

Samantha, I just had the time to check your blog a bit and I got to meet Sally. She has the prettiest face. I am glad you found her or...like my SIL says: I am glad Sally found you :-)