Monday, June 28, 2010

I FINALLY got all my ribbon (well most of it) organized :-)

First off let me say I got the idea for making this from Kimberly @ Craftspotbykimberly You can find her post where she shows you how to make her handmade ribbon holder HERE.

The original product you can find at Ribbon Ring this is such a WONDERFUL product!!!

I have so much ribbon that I wanted to try to make it myself to save myself some money. It took a good amount of time, but was well worth it. But if you don't want to spend the time, I really suggest you purchase them from Ribbon Ring as it really is an ingenious idea  :-)

I made mine out of stencil sheets. I used the cut file on Kimberly's blogged and was able to cut a bunch out on one stencil sheet and then had to poke out the holes which was a pain. lol! But it was worth it. It was a VERY time consuming project, but I'm so glad with the way it turned out.

below are some pictures from when I was cutting all the ribbon holders out with my cricut


And when it was all done......  :-)



Thanks for looking  :-)

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Thank you for sharing. This is a wonderful idea. I don't have as much ribbon as you, but I'm always looking for organization ideas. Besides, I think it looks nice as well. Thanks again, Cindy.

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow! I'm going to have to get that!!! I've been trying to sort through to find ribbon for about 20 minutes just a little while ago! TFS!

Karla O. said...

Thanks for posting this! Did you find the stencil sheets at Michaels or Joanns? I can't wait to organize my ribbon :)

Beckie W said...

Thanks for such a really cute idea!

flowerdisco said...

Samantha...I have been looking for a way to organize mine and I forgot about this method. I saw this system somewhere long time ago, maybe it was from Kimberly too. I do not remember, lol.

where did you get the blank stencil sheets? if you do not mine me asking. I think maybe those plastic folders might work too, right?

TFS!

cricaholic said...

GREAT IDEA!! I just joined an SU ribbon share!!! Now I know how to organize all the ribbon. TFS