The following is from Gracie the Creator of the Lime Light Design Team
Lime Light (charitable) Design Team; now taking applicationsWe are a design team with a unique purpose. We use our crafting skills to help and bring light to others. We have done much for many these past two years including making cards and bookmarks for our men and women in uniform, making journals for families whose children are in the Ronald McDonald house, making cards for baskets that help raise money for playground equipment, making butterflies for the Houston Holocaust Museum children's exchibit....and that's just the beginning. We continually seek ways to bring light to those in need.
Please visit our blog, http://limelightscrappers.blogspot.com/, for posts & pictures of past projects.
If you would like to become a member of the team, we have three slots available. Everyone who sends in their application has an equal chance, so please do not be afraid to apply. There are a few things I will need from you:
- A solemn promise to dedicate yourself to the six projects we will be doing over the course of the year.
- Excellent communication skills. Reply to the emails that ask for information as soon as possible; send in any ideas you may have for future projects. If you find obstacles when trying to accomplish various tasks, please communicate. Communication is extremely important. If you have a problem answering emails, this team is not for you.
- Willingness to post all of your projects on your site as well as the Lime Light blog; put a link to the Lime Light blog in the post on your blog for each project.
- If you are in agreement with #s 1-3, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words "Lime Light DT Application" in the subject line:
- home email, or email you will be using to communicate with team members
- blog url
- pictures of three projects you have done in the past year; they need to be of at least two different types of crafting (i.e., cards, scrapbook pages, place cards, invitations, bookmarks, altered items, etc.), which means you can send in two of one type and one of another if desired.
I look forward to receiving your application. Again, don't be afraid to apply--we love the many various styles of crafting and the most important thing is that you are dedicated to the team & the crafts you create.
A note from me
I have been on the design team for awhile now and I Love being apart of it. If you think you may be a good fit for the design team PLEASE email your application to Gracie :-)
Can't wait to see what new members will be on the design team and what Wonderful things we will get to do in the new year :-)