Friday, December 17, 2010

Lime Light Design Team Blog Hop and a Tutorial :-)


Hope everyone is having a great night!!! Hello to everyone who's hopping in from the Lime Light Charitable Design Team blog hop. Welcome to my blog- SamanthaJDesigns. My name is Samantha. I have been truly BLESSED to be apart of the Lime Light Design Team, I have been on the team on and off since it's creation. These ladies are absolutely WONDERFUL and i'm so lucky to get to work with them all :-)


I started scrapbooking about 6 years ago and have been using my cricut for about 4 years. I absolutely LOVE creating and sharing my creations with others. I also have learned so much from all you wonderful bloggers out there! 

Not only will you get to check out some blogs tonight and check in with some new or old friends :-) but we are also giving away some fabulous prizes. Some were donated from some amazing people and others were bought to share with the winners. For my blog candy I wanted to stick with a holiday theme. I have a winter cuttlebug folder, some holiday studio g stickles, and some bling for you as well :-) You can check out our slideshow and see all the wonderful prizes. What would the holiday be without giving and sharing with one another? These women are so giving when it has come to all of our tasks and with their time and talents. 

Have a WONDERFUL night and enjoy the rest of your blog hopping :-)


-Samantha :-)




A gift card holder tutorial for you using my Bind-it-all and Cricut (this is my FIRST tutorial ever) *note this gift card holder will be included in the blog candy i'm offering*




First cut your chip board to 4 1/2 (I cut it to the line JUST before the 4 1/2 inch mark) then cut it to 2 1/2 inches. I cut my chip board and patterned paper to these sizes. I put patterned paper on the front and back of the chipboard so you will have 4 pieces of card stock and 2 pieces of chip board total.

 Next I take my coin envelopes ( I bought these at office max) you can get them at any office supply store) For my project I use 6 coin envelopes total.

 I put the coin envelopes in my bind-it-all and make my holes careful to line them up properly.

 Here are the coin envelopes with the holes in them.

 next I use my ATG gun and put adhesive on one side of my chip board. I then apply my card stock to the chip board and do this on both sides of both pieces of chip board.

 Here is what each side looks like. I chose two different patterned papers one on each side.

 next use your bind-it-all to punch holes in your covered cardstock.

 Do this for each of your 2 pieces of covered chipboard.

 This is what they will look like when done.

 Here is your chip board pieces with your coin envelopes. Line them up and make sure your two chip board pieces are together so when you close your book the wires will be on the inside.

 Next put your o-wires on your book to get ready to put in your bind-it-all.

 Now cut the excess wire off with your wire cutters.

 When you are done binding it in your machine it will look like this.

 Here is the inside. Now I messed up and where the closure is for the wires I should have had this in the back not the front, but it still works, just doesn't look as neat.

 Here's the book closed, looks pretty cute :-)

 Now for this project I am using my cricut lite Jolly Holidays cart. This is such a CUTE cartridge :-)

 I am using the reindeer cut. I cut my reindeer out at 2 1/4 inches. Third time was a charm. The other time's it cut too big and i'm not the best judge of how big things will cut out. lol!

 Here are my reindeer pieces. Let me tell you the red part of the scarf is a pain in the butt to cut out at this size. It kept tearing and took my many tries to get it right after adjusting the pressure and speed. I am LOVING this silver cardstock I found at M's. It may not be easy to see but it's super shiny and silver, so pretty!!! :-)


 Here are the tools I am using for the rest of my gift card holder. Studio G glitter glue, I-rock bling, my zig and sakura quickie glue pen (one of my FAV things to use) and my tulip heat set tool. I don't have an i-rock yet, but this is cute and pink too. lol! I have already put my reindeer together and adhered all the pieces.

 I wanted to show you how the gift cards fit in the holder. Just lift the flap to the coin holder and they slide right in.

 They fit perfectly in the coin holders.

 Here is my gift card holder finished. I attached some ribbon around the o-wires and added some bling to the right hand top with my i-rock bling. I also added the red stickles to the nose, decided to make him Rudolph :-)


Here's another picture of my completed gift card holder project. If you need to enlarge it to see better, you can just click on the picture :-)


THANK YOU for visiting and checking out my very FIRST tutorial!!! -Sam :-)


Just a note you must leave a comment on each blog and become a follower in order to be eligible to win :-)

see a few posts below for the blog hop prizes :-)

Here's the blog hop line-up  :-)




  1. Lime Light Charitable Design Team 
  2. Gracie --Imagine That  
  3. Sue --Sue's Cricut & Crafts  
  4. Joanne -- TropicLuv 
  5. Joy -- Everyday Cricut -- she's one of our honored guests on this hop, giving you tons of ideas for your Cricut creative mind. 
  6. Terry --Hello From Oregon 
  7. Peg --  Peg's Crafting Corner 
  8. Kim --the object of art is to give life a shape 
  9. Kathy -- The Beautiful Life 
  10. Agnes -- FLOWER DISCO'S SCRAPHUT 
  11. Sarah --Pink Cricut -- she's our other honored guest on this hop, full of inspiration and generously sharing her Cricut talents. 
  12. Sandra-- Sandra Wilson Designs  
  13. Samantha --Samantha J Designs  (YOU ARE HERE)   :-)
  14. Sonya -- Appel Quilling Garden 
  15. Return to the Lime Light Design Team blog for information on prizes, as well as how you can help.

    118 comments:

    Tamra said...

    I love the tutorial. I purchased a bind it all two months ago and I don't know what I would do without it now.

    Tamra
    rickyhouck@clearwire.net

    jcinokc said...

    Love the tutorial and the gift card holder. I am a follower. Thanks for the hop and prizes.

    jenlovcarr at aol dot com

    Altered by Jenn said...

    Can't wait to get o-wires for Christmas. I have had a Bind it all for a couple months now but just haven't gotten the wires for it yet. I know what I'll be doing after Christmas :)

    Colleen said...

    Cute idea. Love your mini book.

    LadybugCarrie said...

    What a super cute gift card holder and GREAT tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

    Manhattan Mandie said...

    Great tutorial! Love your project too! I just became a follower and hope you will come check out my blog sometime too!

    Nadia's World said...

    Thanks Samantha! Love the gift card holder. I don't have a bind it all but I am beginning to think I need one... lol!

    Now a follower!

    TFS!!

    Nicolen
    niclax13@gmail.com

    Pholly said...

    What an adorable journal, love it. Thanks for sharing.
    I am a new follower. Loving the blog hop.

    phollyphlox@gmail.com

    Gramma Susie said...

    VERY cute project! Thanks for the ideas!

    *Star said...

    Love the tutorial. I can't wait to see santa brings me a BIA for Christmas. I'm a new follower. :)

    Minta's Creations said...

    Love your project..Just became a follower..
    Minta

    mintab@gmail.com

    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    Amanda said...

    I am now a follower of your blog. Love the tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

    amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

    Denise-Scrapmouse said...

    I am now a follower of your site. I came to this blog hop via Everyday Cricut. Thanks for the how to on the gift card holder. It's very cute!

    coupondenise at live dot com

    harts said...

    adorable Sam :) As you know, I am already a follower (It's Eleni LOL) Great tutorial hun. Can't wait to see your next one :0

    Leti (iluv2craft) said...

    what you guys are doing totally rocks! ~now following

    Sara said...

    What a GREAT idea! I never have the right gift card with me when we're out, since they don't fit in my real wallet. This is perfect! Hopped over and followed from Lime Light! Thank you!

    Kari said...

    Oh my I love that! Became a follower tonight.

    Marey said...

    Love the card holder, great job!! I'm a new follower.

    Josie0602 said...

    Very cute gift card holder! I love that reindeer from Jolly HOlidays!
    tracyg398@yahoo.com

    Trisha said...

    Great job. I am a follower and thanks for sharing. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

    Joanne said...

    Beautiful project and super tutorial! Your work is fantastic and I can't wait to see the things you create for The Lime Light. I'm so anxious to get started on our first project! Joanne

    CathyinMN said...

    Very cute gift card holder. TFS! I'm a new follower -- through the Lime Light blog hop. I've been enjoying getting to know the design team -- such a wonderful group of gals to craft for charity.
    tcsobotka at charter dot net

    One Krafty Chick said...

    Great tutorial. I am a new follower and look forward to more tutorials in the future!

    My Hideaway said...

    I love the gift card holder. So creative! I am a new follower.

    Olivia
    ojdorman@gmail.com

    My Hideaway said...

    I love the gift card holder. So creative! I am a new follower.

    Olivia
    ojdorman@gmail.com

    Dawn said...

    New follower. Great projet. tfs.

    love your project today. will be back for more.

    matilda425@gmail.com

    Elaine said...

    Wow how cool is that! I need to get one of those binder thingies!
    I am looking forward to stopping back to see more regularly, thanks for sharing.
    Great blog hop!

    Elainer@cinci.rr.com
    ExpressionsByElaine.blogspot.com

    Melissa said...

    I loved your tutorial. I don't have a bind-it-all, but loved the general idea. I was trying to figure out a way to make gift card holders for Christmas...thank you for an idea. I am a new follower.

    miller.melissa.09@gmail.com

    Divinity said...

    great tutorial!!! it makes me want to go and try making one of those myself right now!!! i've just recently discovered mini albums -- they're sooooo much fun!!! :)
    i've become a follower of your blog as well. :)

    flowerdisco said...

    well done my dear friend well done. and it is beautiful. congrats on your first tut.
    hugs!

    sleeplesswonder said...

    Really nice album/gift card holder, it is so cute. I must put a bind it all on my wish list.
    I am now a follower. Thanks for the chance to win.

    silvia said...

    cool gift card holder!! Thanks for the tutorial!!

    shanna13 said...

    I am a new follower. I loved your card holder. I don't have a bind it all or a cinch. I really like the look of a mini bound that way. TFS Susan
    shanna13@frontiernet.net

    Dawn, RI said...

    Great job on your tutorial. I love the Jolly Holidays cart. I will be playing with it well into next summer.
    Dawn RI
    abosoffit@hotmail.com

    JPScraps said...

    Great tutorial. You're making me want a BIA now! I'm a new follower

    Amie said...

    LOL - I'm not very good at figuring out what size things will cut out at on my Cricut either. Good thing there is scrap paper to practice! New follower. Love the book!

    Denim Glitter Creations said...

    VERY CUTE PROJECT! TFS!

    JUDUMAN81@GMAIL.COM
    JESSICA

    Dana said...

    Very cute gift card holder! The reindeer is adorable!

    dmcarlisle09atgmaildotcom

    Denise said...

    Look at all those cool toys your have :) What a cute gift card holder! I love the ribbons you attached to it.

    craftaholic said...

    I am a new follower and love you project!! I want that Bind-it gadget!! Very Nice!! TFS!!!

    ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
    http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
    Rexann

    Cindylu2u said...

    Love your gift card holder, I am a new follower, and look forward to more great projects!!
    miller896042atbellsouth.net

    Debc06 said...

    Great tutorial, was easy to follow and the photos were great. I just became a follower tonight. I look forward to many great ideas. Thanks.

    Emily said...

    Cute project! I am a new follower :)

    coolcricutcreations at yahoo dot com

    Housewife Hernandez said...

    what a cute idea! I'm so glad to have a new blog to follow!

    Lara said...

    WOW! great tutorial. I am a new follower. Thanks for the chance to win!

    Lillian Child said...

    I love discovering new blogs and making new friends in this crafting passion of mine. So very nice to meet you! I am now a follower of your blog. GREAT tutorial!

    http://lillianchild.blogspot.com

    Wendy said...

    What a fun idea! Thans for your contribution! I've become a follower.

    wendy dot roos2boys at gmail dot com

    BUZZY BEE DESIGNS & GRAPHICS said...

    I'm a NEW follower come and visit me
    http://buzzybeedesigns.blogspot.com
    I just wanted to let you know what a wonderful thing ya'll are doing. Maybe one day I would be able to get involved
    Rebecca Minor
    buzzybeedesigns(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

    Connie Gail said...

    I am a follower and enjoyed your tutorial. I don't have a binder yet but your craft makes me want to get one! Maybe for Christmas! Thanks so much for sharing.

    Connie gail
    westfamily at mlode dot com

    Tami B. said...

    Congrats & good job on your tutorial. This little album is so cute. I've never made one, but I'd like to try. I'm a new follower.

    JaniceA said...

    Great tutorial. I became a follower modjjjash at yahoo dot com

    Lila said...

    the album is so cute thanks for sharing. new follower

    My Crafting Time said...

    I became a follower. I was just using my Bind it All tonight. Love it! Thanks for the blog hop.

    stacy at mycraftingtime dot com

    Charlotte Cornett said...

    Love the tutorial!! Thanks for sharing with us. I am now a follower of your blog! TFS!

    Heather said...

    Great job on the tutorial! Happy to be a new follower!
    ra6352 (at) gmail (dot) com

    Jayne said...

    I'm a follower. The work you guys are doing is great. I love your little gift card holder - very cute.

    jayne.boot@gmail.com

    VinDeeLoo said...

    Nice job.

    vndlewis at rocketmail dot com

    stefeni said...

    What a cute mini album. Ribbon really makes things festive. I'm a follower.

    spunkycrayon at yahoo dot com

    Java Jen's Creations said...

    Great tutorial!!! I am a new follower! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    javajen1 at hotmail dot com

    joni said...

    What a cute idea for a gift card! I may have to use this once for the gift cards I bought!!! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm a new follower too!

    fiberdiva said...

    Love your stuff.. now I think I need a bind it all !!

    aremus said...

    Great tutorial!! TFS!!

    amandaremus at gmail dot com

    freetimegone said...

    You did an excellent job on your tutorial and I love the idea. Great blog too and I am glad to be a follower. This is an awesome hop and the Lime Light team is doing a wonderful thing. Thanks for the chance at some candy and the new ideas.

    GreenScrap said...

    That is a nice idea!! Love it!! I wanted a Bind It All For Christmas but I don't think is going to happen :(. Congrats on your blog, really nice!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    CyndiU said...

    Wonderful tutorial. TFS and being part of such an awesome team. cureta2@yahoo.com

    scrapaholicjen said...

    I love my bind-it-all! TFS!! I'm your newest follower!
    qtme2003 at yahoo dot ca

    Pamela Pattison Lash said...

    I love a good tutorial - yours was very engaging and easy to follow. I became a follower. TFS!
    pam_lash at yahoo dot com

    ashley said...

    WOW you are good! I'm a follower!

    Patti B said...

    I am now a follower of yours. Looks like a great blog. Plan to visit often. Thanks for the ideas.

    xxsquigglesxx said...

    Love the gift card holder. Thanks for participating in the hop. I am a new follower.

    My Scrap Diary said...

    Thanks!! for the tutorial. I always love those. It gives me inspiration. Now there is something new I can try.
    TFS
    Jess M
    myscrapdiary(at)gmail(dot)com
    PS. Am a Follower

    Lawyers Scrap Too! said...

    Great project. I have been looking for other uses for my Bind it All. I'm a new follower.

    BunnyFreak said...

    I am a new follower.

    lamerlisa@hotmail.com said...

    I'm a follower!

    Lisa
    lamerlisa@hotmail.com
    http://www.lisakelly110803.blogspot.com/

    SlomoMom said...

    Really cute gift card album, Thanks for the detail directions to make. Have become a new follower, having so much fun and getting so many new ideas. TFS
    SlomoMom
    slomomomcbl@gmail.com

    Tanya said...

    Love it! Wish I had a bind it all :)

    Tanya
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com

    Rebekah said...

    I am now a follower!

    calbekah@aol.com

    Juicy Creations said...

    wow i love your project.. very nice.. thanks for sharing..
    im a new follower..
    theresa
    juicycreations808@gmail.com

    katscrapper said...

    I am a new follower. Very nice project. I have been thinking about buying a bind it all.

    pdela-torre said...

    Newbie follower. Super job on your 1st tutorial, you go girl!! Great idea on your gift card holder. Can't wait to see more. TFS!

    Sassy Scrapin' said...

    So glad you did this! I have had my BIA for 4 months...now I think I will give it a shot! :-)

    Vicki and Don said...

    I'm a follower! Love, love, love the gift card holder! Can't wait to check out more of your projects! TFS!

    lois said...

    omg - SO CUTE!!! I signed up to receive email...and now off to hop. Merry Christmas!! Thanks for sharing your cute ideas!

    Kelly Rae said...

    I am a new follower and think this is just great! Thanks, Kelly (kelly.schaefer@ymail.com)

    Love Le said...

    LOve love LOVE it! Following you!

    Connie Gage said...

    What a nifty idea, so neat.

    Lynn B. said...

    I'm glad they extended this, ran out of time last night. I am a follower. Great project. I think the Bind-it-all is #1 on my wish list. TFS

    Meagan said...

    I love this! I have been wanting a bind it all for awhile now and this makes me want it so much more! I am a new follower!

    beyondpaperdesigns.blogspot.com

    Jes said...

    That is so cute. I much prefer the picture by picture tutorial to the video kind, so thank you for that. I am a follower.

    thehomans at yahoo dot com

    Pamela said...

    I'm a new follower and you did a great job on the tutorial. At first I thought it was to give a gift card in as a gift but with 6 coin envelopes I decided it must be to keep track of the gift cards you receive!
    JPALM3746@comcast.net

    abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

    Cute project!

    The Scrapbook Speedway said...

    GREAT tutorial!!! you made it look SOOOOO easy! i always wanted to use that binding tool just wasn't sure if i would use that often. now i know i could easily use it all the time! thanks! following you too!

    Zeni Pradel said...

    very nice idea! TFS. I am now a follower.

    P.S. Nice tutorial! :)

    Brittney said...

    What an AMAZING tutorial. I'll definitely have to try that.

    And, I'm your newest follower =)

    scrappymama said...

    great job! Thanks for the chance to win. I have become a follower!
    esigmon@cox.net

    Nana Jo said...

    Great tutorial and great project.

    mmlmn@polarcomm.com

    Sonya said...

    Samantha, my fellow LLDT sister, love the gift card holder and must try it! Looking forward to seeing what we make as a team!

    arklatxscrapper said...

    Great tutorial!! I'm a follower and love your blog! CarolH:)

    MaryNSC said...

    O How GREAT!! I need to use my Bind it all more.. But I cant QUIT BLOG HOPPIN.. LOLLOLOL I enjoyed this thank U for sharing..
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

    dianne said...

    Great coin book!!! I have the Cinch binding machine(Love it), Sooo... I can make this ;). I'm one of your followers now. TFS

    Melissa said...

    I'm a new follower and I LOVE your gift card holder!

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    Sandra said...

    Great Tutorial Samantha! Thanks and I am now a follower. I'll be back soon.

    GlendaLea said...

    New follower, looking forward to it all!
    Glenda
    glendalea.blogspot.com

    Ashley said...

    Hi! I am now a follower, and am looking forward to seeing more of the projects you create and the causes you support! Thank you for sharing your gift card holder and tutorial - I will definitely have to try your project on my own! You are truly an inspiration to us all! Thank you for all that you do!

    Ashley "Scrappin' Pink Piglet"
    scrappinpinkpiglet(at)gmail(dot)com

    Kathy's-Krafts said...

    I love this...it is a really great project. I am now a follower.

    kgprevost(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
    http://kathyskraftsandmore.blogspot.com

    Jim said...

    i'm a new follower......

    NanetteMT said...

    I became a follower! Looking forward to some great ideas!

    Lisa J said...

    I so love this idea! And a bind it all is at the TOP of my wish list this year!

    New Follwer here!

    TFS!

    Happy Holidays!

    tjsgal at g mail dot com

    Scrappin Suzy said...

    Iam a new follower. Love the gift card holder. New to blogging too - this is so much fun.

    Monica said...

    Wow that turned out great!!!!
    I would love a Cinch!!!

    Great job!!


    monica.lowrance@gmail.com

    luv2scr@p said...

    really cute! i am a new blog follower.

    Patti said...

    I am now a follower and I have to say that I love this gift card holder. I had never seen one like this before. Very clever.

    Patti
    bbitster@windstream.net

    Karen said...

    I just became a follower, and you did a great job on your first tutorial, karen

    Mary said...

    I became a new follower, great blog hop and I love your tutorial, I must get some of those envelopes!

    Randomly, Jennifer said...

    Hi! I'm a new follower thanks to the Lime Light blog hop! Thank you for the tutorial, blog candy and being part of the hop! This has been a fun trip and I'm saddened that it is coming close to an end.

    Lori said...

    I am a new follower and I love your projects! I have a bind it all and I love it! I have made so many cool books with it! I look forward to making the gift card book! Well more blog hoppping to do:)

    Janice W. said...

    New follower. Great job on your first tutorial and a very cute project!

    Carolyn said...

    Very nice card holder. tfs
    cruella63703 at yahoo dot com