Thursday, June 02, 2011

Just a quick note :-)

So last Friday I hurt my foot. I went to Urgent Care Tuesday night and found out that my big toe was fractured. I was given a "ski boot" to wear and have been in a lot of pain. Yesterday was the worst pain I have been in so far. I went to the orthopedic Dr. this morning and it turns out I fractured it worse than I thought. The frature went right into the joint which the Dr. said will make my healing time a lot longer and will make things a lot more painful for me. It also affected the main ligament in my toe as well. I was told that I need to stay in my "ski boot" for a few months and to stay off of my foot as much as possible. Thankfully (didn't think i'd ever say this) I'm not working right now so I have a few months to be able to rest and get my toe/foot to properly heal. I am in so much pain, the pain has been getting worse and my foot is getting more bruised. The Dr. did give me some muscle relaxers and some pain killers to help me while it heals.

I will hopefully be able to get some more crafting done while I'm healing, I just will have to wear my ski boot in my craftroom so I don't hit my foot against anything which I have done a few times in the past week and it hurts like heck. I really wish I had known Friday that my foot was fractured, I honestly thought it was just bruised. I wish I hadn't waited till Tuesday to have it looked at, maybe it wouldn't have been as bad if I hadn't of waited :-(

Just wanted to let everyone know what has been going on with me. I appreciate everyone who comes to visit my blog and hope you will continue to come and see what I will be creating in the future :-) I have a few cards I have lined up to make for family in the next few days.

Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL rest of their week! -Sam :-)


My poor foot :-(



 My new sexy boot ;-)


relaxing my foot today, the Ortho Dr. showed me how to bandage it up and told me to relax and ice it and keep it proped up. Thankfully I don't have to wear my boot when I'm relaxing. lol!



My little kitty Georgia spending some time relaxing with me last night while I was resting my foot


Of course her visit didn't come "free" she needed some loving too :-)


Then Sally came for a visit. She wanted to be walked, sorry mom can't walk you for a few months now, daddy will have to do it....


But I want you to walk me...no more cpu till someone walks me. lol!


 Roux curled up next to me. He's always gotta be sleeping on something, usually it's the remote controls. lol!


My messy scrapbook room that I can't clean right now. At least I can shove some stuff aside so I can create. lol! 

15 comments:

sleeplesswonder said...

Ouch girl, I hope your foot pain at least eases a bit. Just ouch, I crinched when I saw the pic of your foot. At least your have some fur babies to keep you company. Hope you heal sooner then the doc thinks. Take care.
Hugs,
Melissa D
mkds312@hotmail.com
sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

OUCH!!!! Feel better!

girlia said...

Oh my. I hope your recovery time is speedy. Sorry to hear about your foot.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Sending get well wishes your way! :)

Lisa said...

Oh Samantha - I FEEL your pain, believe me! I fractured my left big toe in grade school playing soccer with a kid wearing steel-toed boots...we kicked at the same time...he won! I've had bone chips in it ever since and can bend it at an unusual angle while it makes weird clicking noises. When I was a freshman in college, I dislocated and fractured my right big toe at the same time. Worst pain ever. I had to have surgery to put pins in and that was painful. Now that toe doesn't bend at all. So I honestly do know what you are going through. If it helps, I have absolutely no problems with either now...so it will get better :)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and posting my giveaway! I'm now following you and will check in to see how the toe is feeling!

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

Oh no!!! That really looks sore. You'll need to sit down and Gypsy your recovery away.

Staying Crafty said...

This looks so painful! Feel better soon :)

Crayola58 said...

Sam, oh my, what a colorful toesie.... I can imagine the pain. I did the same thing when I collided with the bed post.... I loved seeing your craft room and your special little fur babies that keep company with you. So precious.
Hugs
Carole

Linda said...

Oh my goodness! Sending you positive thoughts for a speedy and full recovery! I'm sure having your fur babies with you makes your pain a little less intense. They're so cute! Take care and you'll be crafting in no time! Aloha, Linda

Lisa said...

I know how you feel. I have been in an air cast for 9 weeks now and don't get it off until June 22nd.

kkay214 said...

Can't wait until my collection is as big as yours!

Amy E said...

Oh wow...your foot looks so painful. How did you break it? I feel for you having to wear the boot. I had to wear one of those about 11 years ago, even when I slept, and it was horrible. I wish you a speedy and pain-free recovery! Your pup and kitties will help...they always seem to know when we need them the most!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I'm so new in the blogging world, I need all the help I can get! Haha! I'm a new follower of yours now too!!

Feel better!

Amy E.
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Hope you're healing. Had a friend that had to wear one of those boots for awhile. Like your critters. I have a mixed breed Hound that thinks he is part Cougar. Like your craft room area messy or not which is how mine looks now also.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com

lynn said...

i hope your foot is much! that looked very painful. look your bright, cheerful scraproom!

Dawn said...

Yikes! That's an awful looking foot. :( I hope you're better by now. <3
Dawn
http://deegeescraps.blogspot.com/