Friday, July 01, 2011

Thinking of you card for a friends Aunt :-)

This card is for a friends Aunt. My friend is trying to surprised her aunt with some cards to lift up her spirits, so I thought I'd love to make her one :-)   *Click on picture to see Larger Image*

'
I asked what her favorite things might be. She told me she has a black poodle and a calico kitty :-) Since I'm such an animal lover I thought this would be so much fun to make :-)


It's hard to see with the light I took the picture in but I used rhinestones on the collar and bow (they are really tiny ones that I heat set with my I-rock. The heart on the upper right and side of the card is by Imaginisce as well and I had to heat set that to the card too. It's light pink but looks darker on the picture.


This is the inside of the card, It's a little calico kitty :-) I hope she likes the card!

Details-
Cricut Cartridges-Once Upon a Princess & Meow
Imaginisce-Rhinestones and Pink heart
My Pink Stamper-Fabulous Phrases

15 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so absolutely adorable! I LOVE the poodle and the kitty on the inside! What a fabulous way to personalize the card for your friend's aunt! Just beautiful :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Staying Crafty said...

Really cute! I always enjoy seeing projects that are super customized for someone's individual interests. It takes handmade cards to that next level and make's people realize what is so wonderful about something made especially for them instead of off the shelf after being mass produced :)

Tanya said...

What an adorable card...love the bling on the collar and bow! I also love the background paper, what a pretty color! Great card, I'm sure your friend's Aunt will love this!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

She is going to love it....

Dawn said...

I love both these cards. I'm partial to the first because I have a black poodle. <3 Her collar is so pretty.
deegeescraps

PinkBlingCrafter said...

OMG love the Poodle in black on the beautiful color!! Very pretty and I'm sure your friends aunt will get a smile from this beautiful card!!
Hugs

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

These animals are so cute! I'm sure she will love this card!

margie c said...

What a sweet and thoughtful card! Love the rhinestones! Great job :)

Thank you for your sweet commment today!
hugs, margie

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So cute! Especially love the sophisticated Poodle :)

ChatterScene.com said...

They are absolutely adorable:)

Dilsaver Designs said...

I think she will love it, great CAS card :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So nice!

The Archiving Angel said...

Awww, these are so darling! Sure to bring a smile & get well cheer to anyone who receives them.
You did a lovely job.
Sonia

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, she'll love it!!! It's too adorable not to be loved!!!

Hugs!

Crayola58 said...

What a cute cute idea to feature both the darling black poodle and the cute cat. Great card....
Carole