Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Marble Magnets :-)


Here are some pictures of the marble magnets I made. I have some more sets in the works, these were just the first sets that I completed :-) I will be giving these as Christmas gifts this year and also listing some of them on my etsy site for sale in the future :-) 

Let me know what you think :-) I have gone through a lot of trial and error learning how to make these. Reading a ton of information and tutorials online about them, trying different glues to see which work best, learning the right amount of glue to put on them to make them work. It was a lot of trying different things and I went through a lot of marbles. lol! (almost lost my marbles, lol! but thankfully didn't) with all the trouble I was having till I finally found what worked!

 Strawberry magnet set

 Flower magnet set

 I'll be working on more sets in the future and will share them. It's a process because you have to glue the paper to the marble and then let it dry for 24 hours, then glue the magnet onto the back of the marble and let it dry for 24 hours so it takes a few days to make them. Now that I am getting the hang of it I can make more at one time so next time I should be able to get some more sets done :-)


 Thanks for looking. Have a great week!!! :-)


3 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

They definitely were worth all of your trouble... cute as can be.. are these real marbles???? they don't look like they are round... but they are adorable...

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

They look nice. Can the marble magnets hold up paper on the refrigerator?
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Brens Designs said...

Those are really cute! All the work paid off. They will be great gifts.